NYSFDA Student Day
The future of our industry is as important as ever, and NYSFDA is committed to cultivating relationships with mortuary science students, registered residents, and recent graduates. The NYSFDA Student Day is an annual, in-person event designed for students and residents to connect, network, and learn from one another and licensed funeral directors. Students from all four mortuary science programs throughout the state are invited to participate in the event.
Connect. Learn. Grow.
A great addition to your coursework. NYSFDA Student Day program offers practical, hands-on learning. Throughout the day active funeral directors lead workshop discussions on everything from navigating arrangements with families to dressing for success and interviewing tips. Plus, offer real-life scenarios, step through different “what would you do?” situations, and review everything from removal (proper techniques when using church trucks and stretchers) to setting up for services, including: cremation, casket navigation, flag presentation, and flower arranging. The day includes:
- educational workshops designed to prepare you for your early career as a funeral director
- time to connect with other students from across the state
- open Q&A period
- opportunity to hear from NYSFDA leaders and newly licensed directors
Information on the 2024 Student Day Program will be available in early 2024.
Thank You 2023 Sponsors!
- Directors Choice Credit Union – Giveaway Sponsor
- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions – Casket Donation
- Nomis Publications Inc. – Prize Sponsor
- PrePlan Funeral Trust – Giveaway Sponsor